Sustainability & Energy Policy
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited will, under the corporate culture’s vision, “Good Company Concept”, strive to satisfy all stakeholders by offering products, services and solutions that are safe and kind to the society, environment and people. Targeting to transform risks into opportunities, we have developed and implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) and Energy Management system (EnMS) in accordance with ISO14001 and ISO 50001 standard with reference to other requirements related to social responsibility, quality, business continuity as well as occupational health and safety. We provide Information and Communications Technology specializing in document management consultancy to every industry through a full range of solutions and services - from multifunction devices with comprehensive functions of copy, print, fax and scan; production printing systems; document management and workflow software; to enterprise print services, document supply chain management and business process services. We:
- Lead to ensure compliance of legal regulations and other requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics, information security, human resources, environment and energy;
- Engage in energy/resource saving by promoting eco-conscious products, services and solutions to our customers and other stakeholders;
- Apply our professionalism to help customers achieve sustainability including proactive collection of used products and parts for reuse or recycle under our recycling system;
- Foster green, health, safe and kind workplace by promoting pollution prevention, energy reduction, occupational risk management, social contribution and biodiversity conservation;
- Execute purchase of eco-conscious products that toward reducing impact to environment;
- Heighten our environmental and other social responsibility performances continuously by setting up objectives and targets as well as conducting periodical reviews; and
- Keep on encouraging our contractors and suppliers to improve their environmental, energy performance and other social responsibility performance as far as practicable.
We will inculcate our Sustainability Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it readily available to stakeholders.
3 July 2017
With Fuji Xerox "Unity of Words and Deeds" philosophy, we adopt our "Real Green" solution and apply with Sustainability Policy in our daily operations. To align with the Sustainability Policy, we adopt an Energy Management System in managing and continually improving our energy performance. And we also promote it to our stakeholders for achieving our common energy objectives and targets and minimizing energy costs at work environment.
In order to achieve our year-to-year carbon reduction with respect to the energy use, we commit to:
- Ensure the compliance of this energy policy and other related legal requirements applicable to our energy use, consumption and efficiency via similar evaluation mechanism with Environmental Management System.
- Deploy our energy efficient products, services and solutions with innovative technology in daily operation and promote to stakeholders not limited to customers and vendors.
- Intend to purchase and use high energy efficiency products, services and solutions in our operations.
- Improve the energy performance and efficiency of operation continually.
- Document, manage information and performance progress of energy objectives and targets and communicate to stakeholders effectively.
- Establish an Energy Team to monitor the energy performance regularly and continue having Sustainability Committee to review and plan new energy-saving practices aiming to achieve objectives and targets.
1 July 2012
Embracing the “Good Company Concept”, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited is committed to sustainability and we actively take into consideration the full life cycle of all products and services we procured. With adopting ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement Guidelines, we aim to acquire products and services with minimal or no adverse impacts to the environment. We:
- Ensure compliance of this Sustainable Procurement Policy and other related legal requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics, information security and environment;
- Encourage the procurement of products and services that have comparatively less adverse or more beneficial impact on the environment and human health;
- Establish systems to record, assess and evaluate our suppliers’ environmental performance;
- Maintain an awareness of sustainability issues and good procurement practices;
- Include evaluation criteria on sustainability performance in tender selection process;
- Provide information related to green procurement practices to facilitate staff in selection of suitable suppliers; and
- Promote awareness of environmental issues throughout the supply chain and encourage suppliers to improve their environmental, energy performance and other social responsibility performance as far as practicable.
We will inculcate our Sustainable Procurement Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it readily available to stakeholders.
1 April 2017
With one of the Fuji Xerox Shared Values of "Customer Satisfaction", we strive to satisfy all stakeholders by offering products, services and solutions continuously that are safe and kind to the society, environment and people.
To achieve this objective, we have developed and implemented a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in accordance with ISO22301 standard with reference to other requirements related to risk management, quality as well as occupational health and safety. We provide the sale and service of knowledge and document management solutions with provisions include but are not limited to digital multifunction devices, document management software, office supplies, laser printers, enterprise digital printing and publishing systems. We:
- Ensure compliance of this business continuity management system policy and other requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics, information security and environment;
- Engage and mobilize our internal resource to achieve the objective of providing products, services and solutions to our customers and other stakeholders continuously;
- Apply our professionalism to achieve sustainability and continuity, including proactive management of the identified risks under business continuity management system;
- Establish a Risk Management Team to monitor the performance progress on the objectives and targets as well as conducting periodical reviews;
- Document, manage information and performance progress of business continuity management objectives and targets and communicate to stakeholders effectively;
- Regular review of its business continuity process and exercise on business continuity plan are required. The responsible parties will monitor the review process, exercise results, benchmark the results and provide support where necessary; and
- Improve the business continuity management system to ensure the continuity of operation effectively.
We will inculcate our Business Continuity Management System Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it ready available to stakeholders.
1 July 2013
Self - Declaration regarding FSC-POL-01-004 (Policy for the Association of Organizations with FSC)
The signing Organization is associated with the Forest Stewardship Council A.C., Oaxaca, Mexico, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (hereinafter: FSC) by being either a member of or having a contractual relationship with FSC. Hereby the signing Organization explicitly states that it has read and understood the "Policy for the Association of Organizations with FSC" as published under www.fsc.org. This policy stipulates FSC's position with regards to unacceptable activities by organizations and individuals which already are or would like to be associated with FSC as well as the mechanism for disassociation.
In light of the above, we explicitly agree currently and in the future, as long as the relationship with FSC exists, not to be directly or indirectly involved in the following unacceptable activities:
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products.
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations.
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations.
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use.
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations.
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
FSC license code: FSC-C019572
For more details of our commitment on Sustainability, efforts and achievements in economic, environmental and social aspects, please read our Sustainability Report at http://sr.fujixerox.com.hk/.
360° Sustainable Value Chain
Fuji Xerox is unique in addressing sustainability at every step in the value chain. From parts procurement through an extensive supply chain, to our manufacturing operations, to customer use and disposal of our products at end of life - Fuji Xerox has proven its commitment to sustainability at every step in the value chain.
Fuji Xerox has embraced fundamental standards for quality, environment and safety at its manufacturing sites in Japan, China, Korea and Thailand. They have been certified for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 since 2003 and all share a goal of zero waste to landfill.
Fuji Xerox is well positioned to help our customers become more sustainable. Our technology and services are designed and managed to improve sustainability performance for customers.
- Fuji Xerox equipment features environmentally responsible design and energy efficient enhancements.
- Our document software and digital technologies reduce paper wastage.
- Our services enable clients to improve the efficiency of document intensive processes and optimize their equipment infrastructure to save costs and cut carbon emissions.
Linking to this unique Integrated Recycling System, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) innovated to turn our warehouse into a local recycling center in 2004 at which we come up with various initiatives to engage with stakeholders such as proactive collection process to ensure the return all waste equipment, spare parts and consumables from customers, process change in separating materials before shipping to the recycling facility in Thailand, and "Green Tour" to promote CSR concepts to stakeholders.
Sustainability Management Services
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) helps companies achieve sustainable business operations and eco-friendly office by reducing the carbon footprint. Our sustainable office solutions include but not limited to Green Office Assessment, Energy Tracking Solutions and iESG for ESG data managment solutions.
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong)’s Sustainability Assessments are derived from ISO 14064 (Greenhouse gas quantification and reporting) and the 360° of sustainable business operation concept. We measure the carbon footprint of an organization from four perspectives (People, Technology, Process and Organization), to achieve environmental sustainability, green workplace and eco-friendly office.
Sustainability assessments allow our customers to:
- understand their current sustainability performance
- confirm their baseline performance levels
- set sustainability KPIs for future improvements
iESG is an innovative environmental and social data management tool which streamlines the ESG reporting process. iESG provides a simple, user-friendly, secure and affordable approach to managing your company’s sustainability performance from a single cloud-based platform. iESG is based on the HKEx ESG requirements and can be customized to meet your company’s diverse reporting requirements.
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) has received over 100 environmental sustainability certifications and awards over the past few years. We are passionate about sharing our successful experiences on sustainable business operations with the wider business community, and by providing green technology and solutions to our customers. We do not only help them fulfill their ESG regulatory requirements, but also help them work towards attaining various awards which will improve their corporate image, enhance staff engagement, reduce carbon footprint and achieve eco-friendly office.
Our services offer customized survey assessments which measure a company’s cultural and environmental factors which either support organizational policies and values or which create ethical and compliance risks. Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) works closely with your company to understand and clarify your objectives in order to design and implement a concrete improvement plan which will help your company meet its sustainability goals.
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong)’s Sustainability Management Services also improve your company’s public relations and stakeholder dialogue by developing and positioning a green strategy. We help your company reach out to the relevant stakeholders across different media channels by concentrating on their specific focus areas.
Regional Corporate Sustainability Membership
Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific is the first company in the document management and solutions field to be a Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Community Member and supports the mission of GRI to empower decision makers everywhere, through GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards and its multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Fuji Xerox has overseas operations in Asia Pacific including Greater China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan), South Korea, the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand.