Sustainability Policies and Guidance Note
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited will, under the corporate culture’s vision, “Good Company Concept”, strive to satisfy all stakeholders by offering products, services and solutions that are safe and kind to the society, environment and people. Targeting to transform risks into opportunities, we have developed and implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) and Energy Management system (EnMS) in accordance with ISO14001 and ISO 50001 standard with reference to other requirements related to social responsibility, quality, business continuity as well as occupational health and safety. We provide Information and Communications Technology specializing in document management consultancy to every industry through a full range of solutions and services - from multifunction devices with comprehensive functions of copy, print, fax and scan; production printing systems; document management and workflow software; to enterprise print services, document supply chain management and business process services. We:
- Lead to ensure compliance of legal regulations and other requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics, information security, human resources, environment and energy;
- Engage in energy/resource saving by promoting eco-conscious products, services and solutions to our customers and other stakeholders;
- Apply our professionalism to help customers achieve sustainability including proactive collection of used products and parts for reuse or recycle under our recycling system;
- Foster green, health, safe and kind workplace by promoting pollution prevention, energy reduction,occupational risk management, social contribution and biodiversity conservation;
- Execute purchase of eco-conscious products that toward reducing impact to environment;
- Heighten our environmental and other social responsibility performances continuously by setting up objectives and targets as well as conducting periodical reviews; and
- Keep on encouraging our contractors and suppliers to improve their environmental, energy performance and other social responsibility performance as far as practicable.
We will inculcate our Sustainability Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it readily available to stakeholders.
3 July 2017
As part of our efforts to help protect the environment, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited implements an Environmental Management System in accordance with the ISO14001 Standard.
In keeping with the intent of the Standard, we adhere to the attached Sustainability Policy, and we request you as our suppliers to minimize the impacts on your activities on the environment and to observe the following requirements in particular:
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements including the following ordinances/ regulations.
- Air Pollution Control
- Dangerous Goods
- Factories and Industrial Undertakings (Fire Precautions in Notifiable Workplaces) Regulations and Factories and Industrial Undertakings (Dangerous Substances) Regulations
- Fire Service (Installations and Equipment)
- Noise Control
- Ozone Layer Protection
- Plant (Importation and Pest Control)
- Waste Disposal
- Water Pollution Control
- Control the use of materials and resources (e.g. electricity, fuel, chemicals, paper, etc.) to minimize consumption and wastage. Use environmental friendly alternatives where possible during daily operations. Reuse and recycle wherever possible.
- Store and handle properly all materials/chemicals to prevent any spillage and leakage.
- Ensure all solid waste is properly handled, stored and disposed of to avoid any spillage. All chemical waste should be handled, stored and disposed of in accordance with legal requirements.
- Use legal fuel and regularly maintain all vehicles/vessels used for the purpose of conducting business with Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited, and ensure that noise and air emissions are controlled.
- Minimize all air emissions where practicable.
- Use registered pesticides/insecticides for pest control.
With Fuji Xerox "Unity of Words and Deeds" philosophy, we adopt our "Real Green" solution and apply with Sustainability Policy in our daily operations. To align with the Sustainability Policy, we adopt an Energy Management System in managing and continually improving our energy performance. And we also promote it to our stakeholders for achieving our common energy objectives and targets and minimizing energy costs at work environment.
In order to achieve our year-to-year carbon reduction with respect to the energy use, we commit to:
- Ensure the compliance of this energy policy and other related legal requirements applicable to our energy use, consumption and efficiency via similar evaluation mechanism with Environmental Management System.
- Deploy our energy efficient products, services and solutions with innovative technology in daily operation and promote to stakeholders not limited to customers and vendors.
- Intend to purchase and use high energy efficiency products, services and solutions in our operations.
- Improve the energy performance and efficiency of operation continually.
- Document, manage information and performance progress of energy objectives and targets and communicate to stakeholders effectively.
- Establish an Energy Team to monitor the energy performance regularly and continue having Sustainability Committee to review and plan new energy-saving practices aiming to achieve objectives and targets.
1 July 2012
Embracing the “Good Company Concept”, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited is committed to sustainability and we actively take into consideration the full life cycle of all products and services we procured. With adopting ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement Guidelines, we aim to acquire products and services with minimal or no adverse impacts to the environment. We:
- Ensure compliance of this Sustainable Procurement Policy and other related legal requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics, information security and environment;
- Encourage the procurement of products and services that have comparatively less adverse or more beneficial impact on the environment and human health;
- Establish systems to record, assess and evaluate our suppliers’ environmental performance;
- Maintain an awareness of sustainability issues and good procurement practices;
- Include evaluation criteria on sustainability performance in tender selection process;
- Provide information related to green procurement practices to facilitate staff in selection of suitable suppliers; and
- Promote awareness of environmental issues throughout the supply chain and encourage suppliers to improve their environmental, energy performance and other social responsibility performance as far as practicable.
We will inculcate our Sustainable Procurement Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it readily available to stakeholders.
1 April 2017
The signing Organization is associated with the Forest Stewardship Council® A.C., Oaxaca, Mexico, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (hereinafter: FSC) by being either a member of or having a contractual relationship with FSC. Hereby the signing Organization explicitly states that it has read and understood the "Policy for the Association of Organizations with FSC" as published under www.fsc.org. This policy stipulates FSC's position with regards to unacceptable activities by organizations and individuals which already are or would like to be associated with FSC as well as the mechanism for disassociation.
In light of the above, we explicitly agree currently and in the future, as long as the relationship with FSC exists, not to be directly or indirectly involved in the following unacceptable activities:
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products.
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations.
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations.
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use.
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations.
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
FSC license code: FSC-C019572
With one of the Fuji Xerox Shared Values of "Customer Satisfaction", we strive to satisfy all stakeholders by offering products, services and solutions continuously that are safe and kind to the society, environment and people.
To achieve this objective, we have developed and implemented a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in accordance with ISO22301 standard with reference to other requirements related to risk management, quality as well as occupational health and safety. We provide the sale and service of knowledge and document management solutions with provisions include but are not limited to digital multifunction devices, document management software, office supplies, laser printers, enterprise digital printing and publishing systems. We:
- Ensure compliance of this business continuity management system policy and other requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics, information security and environment;
- Engage and mobilize our internal resource to achieve the objective of providing products, services and solutions to our customers and other stakeholders continuously;
- Apply our professionalism to achieve sustainability and continuity, including proactive management of the identified risks under business continuity management system;
- Establish a Risk Management Team to monitor the performance progress on the objectives and targets as well as conducting periodical reviews;
- Document, manage information and performance progress of business continuity management objectives and targets and communicate to stakeholders effectively;
- Regular review of its business continuity process and exercise on business continuity plan are required. The responsible parties will monitor the review process, exercise results, benchmark the results and provide support where necessary; and
- Improve the business continuity management system to ensure the continuity of operation effectively.
We will inculcate our Business Continuity Management System Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it ready available to stakeholders.
1 July 2013
Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Limited is a trusted ICT partner in providing leading Document Services and Communication. We value the information assets of our customers, business partners and employees and establish an information security management system to protect the information assets, maintaining the trust and confidence of all stakeholders. We:
- Lead to ensure compliance of legal regulations and other requirements which not limited to finance, business ethics and information security;
- Establish an Information Security Management Team to grasp business risks and changes in the risk environment and to establish and maintain response strategies. We will work to review and update the information security management on a regular basis;
- Prevent leakage, destruction, and illegal use of all information of our business and stakeholders and secure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information for daily operations;
- Provide education and training to our employees and carry out business while recognizing our responsibility to use and manage information assets appropriately;
- Take appropriate measures in protecting information assets from threats such as accidents, hindrances, or improper activity that could lead to improper usage of assets, and in preventing information assets from being lost, damaged, altered, or divulged; and
- Inculcate the Information Security Management Policy in the consciousness of all employees, and make it ready available to stakeholders.
1 February 2016